Re: Novelty BB: Fran's Flattie

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Novelty BB: Fran's Flattie
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 21:37:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dave,
I have Clematis, Rhythm and Little Freak. I didn't
think to cross them with one another. I will try it
and see if I can get pods. Last year I found pollen on
Rhythm, Clematis and Fran's Flattie. I crossed them
with Cybernet, a diploid broken color MTB. Rhythm and
Clematis pollen produced pods. Fran's Flattie pollen
might be sterile. But I will try crossing them with
each other and see if I can get any pods.

Seattle, WA. zone 8

--- David Ferguson <manzano57@msn.com> wrote:
> I think this is the one that has been thought to
> perhaps be a sport of 'Edina'?
> Anyway, it might be fun to see what would happen if
> crossed with other diploid flatties such as
> 'Clematis', 'Rhythm', 'Little Freak', and some that
> are trying to be such as 'Loreley'.  It would be
> interesting to see if it is inheritable, and what
> results from crossing two diploid flatties.
> Dave

Do You Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links