Re: Tetraploid Median Sdlg: T0055-9S

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Tetraploid Median Sdlg: T0055-9S
  • From: Barrie Freeman treeman398@sbcglobal.net
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:30:47 -0700 (PDT)

Sterling,  My, what a beautiful flower...even if it has poor bud count/branching.
Barrie Freeman
Northern California, Zone 9

Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com> wrote:
This is one of my tetraploid median seedlings from
Glacier Point X Titwillow. It had the best growth,
form and color of the bunch but so far proving to be
terrible on branching and bud count. Between last year
and this year I've only counted 5-7 buds and because
branching is poor some of them bloom close to the
stalk. But it's fertile both ways being a tetraploid
so I have been crossing it with better branched things
to see if I can keep the form of the flower but
improve the branching and bud count.

Seattle WA. Zone 8

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links