RE: St. Louis 2005 trek

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] St. Louis 2005 trek
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:21:42 -0700 (PDT)

Francelle,

The 2004 R&I lists Augustine as an pink orange with rose orange shoulders and and orange beard.    Debbie Reynolds x (McKay x Role Model)  36" tall.

The darkest pink I can remember was Mt. Cook A'Dawning. (S. Foote, 1972)  It is listed as:  deep pink self; tangerine-red beard.  (Remembered Melody x One Desire); 30-34" tall.  It alsol had the red-orange beard and had no lace or ruffles to speak of but it was such a nice deep pink.  I am sorry that I lost it sometime along the way.  I always loved the color.  Do you remember it?

Jan

FRANCELLE EDWARDS <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

Thank you, Jan.

That Augustine is gorgeous.  Thatís one Iím going to have to get.  I donít think Iíve ever seen a deeper pink.  I would try to get rid of the red beards though.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9