Re: HYB:Standards

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]HYB:Standards
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 08:58:26 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/2005 11:05:03 P.M. Central Standard Time, willwarner@alltel.net writes:
if you cross the siblings
together, if they are carrying it recessive?
It's been my biggest frustration.  I'm trying to keep or retain the rebloom factor, while increasing the beard color and improve overall form etc.  Last fall's rebloom seedling, from this color class (rebloom seedling x Codicil), has strength & a lt purple tip at the outer end of a yellow beard (so far). It wouldn't set a pod this spring.  But I'll keep trying.
I have near white seedlings (rebloom) with light purple beards from two different lines.  It's just taking a lot more time than I'd expected.  I don't know if it's taught me patience or simply increased my frustration level!  <vbg>

Yahoo! Groups Links