Re: ROSEMOHR's growing family

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: ROSEMOHR's growing family
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 14:09:13 -0000

Thanks Chris,

I like family group photos.  I do them for myself because they are
useful when I'm considering and evaluating what a cross yielded.  Sort
of a shortcut for a slow mind.

The seedlings do appear to be vigorous for the most part.  Some that
haven't bloomed yet look more like arilbred plants whereas those in
the photo have foliage/growth more like TBs.  But most all of them
seem to be growing strongly.  Whether that's a contribution from R or
just a 'nicking' cross, I don't know.   I think I'd have to grow more
seedlings using other parents to know whether the trait comes via R
with any consistency.

Donald