Re: First bloom/Darlington AB

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: First bloom/Darlington AB
  • From: "Christopher Darlington" chrisdarlington@videotron.ca
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 01:10:03 -0000

Hi Bill,

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, oneofcultivars@a... wrote:
 Can confirm the quality and artistic quality of the photo,
Excellent work!

Thanks for the compliment.  This is a pretty small flower so I
struggled to get one in focus because my camera is one of those bare
bones Kodaks.  I also struggled to get an angle that wasn't blocking
the way the sun was shining of the bloom.  If you look at the
standards, you'll see a  mosquito there at the top.

So far, PH has grown like a weed and has shown great resistance to
frost.  The stalk on the Zezzura (sp?) clump in front of it did not
appreciate the frost and aborted the stalk.  Lady Mohr and Olive
Orchid are now sending up stalks.  That's about it for Arilbreds
this year.  They're all going to be moved shortly to normal garden

Thanks for the information.

Yahoo! Groups Links