I. aphylla "Lady Phyllis"

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] I. aphylla "Lady Phyllis"
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 18:05:13 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know what exactly this I. aphylla "Lady
Phyllis" is that was pictured in the Jan 2003 AIS
bulletin on page 49? When I saw it I thought it looked
exactly like what I grow as Clematis. Is Clematis
actually this I. aphylla "Lady Phyllis"? Does that
mean that Clematis is tetraploid? I have attached a
pic of the picture in the bulletin and what I grow as
Clematis. The colors are off but other than than they
look pretty similar to me.

I have also CCd Vicki Craig since she's the expert on
aphylla. She's signed off the list for the time being.

Thanks in advance
Sterling