Re: HYB:Orange, Made of Magic

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: HYB:Orange, Made of Magic
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:47:50 -0400

Betty, from my very limited experience extracting pigments, that 'rose'
color in the photo is actually a combination of blue pigment with the

That's one of the 'pink' colors I've been seeing in blooms that is
actually dilute purple.

The 'pink' in MADE OF MAGIC is also dilute purple, and the rose/pink in
the falls of "mugwump" posted earlier is purple mixed with yellow.  This
camera shifts color towards the blue enough that unadjusted photos don't
look pink, so I cheated with this one a little to make it look more like
what my eye sees in the garden.

Then again, maybe nobody else would even think this one had any pink in
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image