Re: well, hail!

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: well, hail!
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 13:26:14 -0000

>My first cross was made on April  22nd.  I'm 2
> weeks into the season and the crosses seem to have been hard  to
obtain.  I
> can only imagine how I would feel to lose all this work in a  hail

That's why I recommend that when conditions are good for daubing, go
ahead and take advantage of it.  The excess seeds can be dried and
saved for planting later after a year when things go wrong and you
don't get pods.  I have seeds stored in the freezer.  A lot of seeds
actually.  I find they germinate as well as those planted the first
season.  I generally get one or two every year and plant anyway just
because they are older.  But I've been accumulating for several
years now, so there will still be more than I can plant.

I just don't know where to start the cleanup.  Just a little raking
gave me some really large piles of green oak leaves and twigs and
small limbs.  It's going to take a while.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA
> Your thread title seems quite appropriate!

You can search right from your browser? Its easy and its free.  See how.

Yahoo! Groups Links