Re: HYB:Pink seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos]HYB:Pink seedling
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 09:21:01 EDT

In a message dated 5/9/2006 7:56:40 P.M. Central Standard Time, fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net writes:
<<Betty, I love this one.  I do have a weakness for ruffled, laced pinks.  What pink rebloomers do you have?>>
Last year, I moved PINK ATTRACTION to a new spot.  Since I moved out here, I've collected several others, Pinkness, October Splendor, & Cameo Blush.  I have Doctor Alan that Linda mentions but it didn't bloom this year.

I also have several pinks that rebloom in California, Kiss Me Twice, Pink Champagne, Heidi Alaina, Treasured, etc..  Of course, they don't rebloom in my zone 6 garden.

The extended background on this one is (Presence x Pink Attraction) X Kentucky Woman.  Since the pod parent (Memphis Miss) didn't rebloom, I had little hope for the children.  This cross did give a number of seedlings with pretty blooms & lace.  I've crossed PA back to it with hopes of bringing the rebloom back.  Didn't really care for Pinkness this year.  Maybe next year.

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives