Re: Re: strange brew with Being Busy Chimera

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: strange brew with Being Busy Chimera
  • From: Randy Squires randysiris@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 13:44:31 -0700 (PDT)

These are quite common around here, we see several a
I'd always been told it is a somatic mutation or some
sort of mutation of the pigment. I find it hard to
believe that it occurred during formation of the seed,
just after fertilization since these are a common
occurance among seedlings.
I chalk it up to an unstable gene.
I doubt that Paul's flower will repeat this again, or
at least to this degree.

--- Autmirislvr@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/15/2006 9:48:36 A.M. Central
> Standard Time,
> dmeck@eaglecom.net writes:
> <<What I am wondering is how often this event
> happens. It seems  to get
> report about once in 50 years which means we may not
> live to  hear
> about the next one. So enjoy it while it  lasts.>>
> I was not aware that chimeras were that uncommon.
> I've seen several  through
> the years and thought they were the result of
> weather conditions.
> Or is this something entirely different than the
> ones I see based on
> weather??

Do You Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links