Re: TB: Keppel Seedling 02-158A Crystal Gazer X Decadence

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Keppel Seedling 02-158A Crystal Gazer X Decadence
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 08:11:59 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/2006 12:08:01 A.M. Central Standard Time, rshadlow@wildmail.com writes:
<<And had I been able to attend the convention, I would have missed the best week here and a lot of opportunities.>>

That was how I felt last year.  The St. Louis Convention came just at peak bloom here.  If I hadn't already paid my money I'd have stayed home.  Also, my sister was meeting me at the convention.

<<And I've learned something new this week....  found out just how much pollen I can tolerate before breaking out with hives...ooops>>

Uh, Oh.  Hives!  There were times this spring that I had to leave the garden for awhile due to the scent and possibly pollen.  At least I didn't lose my voice this year which has happened three seasons since I started with the irises on such a large scale.

One seedling section of the garden was heavier in scent and I could only stay there for short periods of time to hunt for pollen.

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives