Re: Need Advice on seed pods

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Need Advice on seed pods
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:42:11 EDT

Linda,

    Griff's advice is as good as you can expect.  In the future, when you hit an extended rainy season, be sure to cut the blossom end off when the pod has formed.....usually the blossom is dry at that point and it is attached by a dry little stem-like thing you can just clip.  What you also need to do in the rain is to pull down the sheath that had formed around the bloom, and cut it off if necessary.  Also, cut away any sheath that is there where the branches form on the stalk.  That way, no rain can get down in those pockets and start forming mold and rot there.  We had a lot of rain as pods were forming, and I forgot to trim the dried blossom off, and so one pod rotted from the top before I realized what was happening.  Good luck.

Elm

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS