Re: Re: gargoyles (was Faerie tricks)

  • Subject: Re: Re: gargoyles (was Faerie tricks)
  • From: "Linda Hunt" <nakihee@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 07:25:21 -0500

I think it must be Linda.  I rarely see rot around here and this year, I have uncovered lots!  The main change this year has been that strange warm-cold episode that we got.  I have heard from lots of fellow iris people in this area that they are experiencing the same thing.  Rhizomes apparently just couldn't handle the diverse changes in the midst of their main "hay making" time.  I just finished cleaning all the beds yesterday.  I have a mountain of trash from the clean up that I will dowse and set fire to today!  So glad to see it all go.  But I lost a number of iris to rot this year.  Can't remember the last time that happened.  Usually if I get any, I catch it early, clean out any mush and sprinkle the rhizome with dry cleanser and the cleans it up in the blink of an eye.  This year, I've been ripping iris up, because the damage is too bad to save it!  Really Stinks!!!!!!!!----------no pun intended! :)