Iris in Afghanistan

I'm forwarding an email received from Jim Randolph who is stationed in Afghanistan.  Prior to his deployment in the summer of 2005 he had asked several people if they would send him some Iris so he could create an Iris Garden.  Attached are a couple photos of the garden he has created.  The fruits of his labor.  Enjoy!
Maybe if anyone gets a chance send him email commenting on his garden and Thank Him for his service.    I'm kind of bias but the photo of my 2006 Introduction Sisters of Loretto looks pretty darn good.

Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden

Dear Bob,

Jim Randolph here in Afghanistan. As promised, I am sending you some photos of the little garden here - it is doing quite well. We have already had one day that reached 114F so the blooms only last about 3-4 days max. I would guess that 40% of the iris have already bloomed with about 5 new ones to open tomorrow. The soldiers are thrilled with the little garden and I hear comments every day now. Last summer and fall when I was digging and planting I heard mostly words of doubt, but now the doubters are not only believers but also supporters.

I will be leaving here in 4 weeks - returning home for good. Once again thank you for your generosity and help in making this Freedom Garden a reality.

Jim Randolph    jim.randolph@comcast.net (Jim Randolph)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group