Re: HYB: Another Tectorum X Bearded

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Another Tectorum X Bearded
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 04:40:12 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the good wishes, Donald.
I know for me that seedling represents many, many
hours and countless attempted crosses! <big grin>
I'm not getting my hopes up too much about saving it,
but it's gonna have to rot in place, before I'll
remove it, that's for sure.
I still am puzzled by its lack of cresting. But it
certainly appears to have some other tectorum traits:
the flared standards and relatively broad anthers
(which also surprisingly seem to have a little bit of
pollen). I'll be saving what I can of that pollen.
Thanks again, Tom

Donald Eaves wrote:

I wish you luck. Lots of it. Be a shame to lose what
it represents
genetically. Personally, my experience indicates the
luck is more
likely to be bad than good. Others seem to have better
stories. If
what you try seems to work, I'd like to hear about the

Donald Eaves

Do You Yahoo!?

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group