Re: Help- Conjuration maybe but no horn

  • Subject: Re: Help- Conjuration maybe but no horn
  • From: "Christopher Darlington" <chrisdarlington@videotron.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 13:03:06 -0000

Linda,

I wouldn't mind having a look at Dave's web site, do you have the
address handy ? BTW, that sure looks like Conjuration, one of the
most striking in my Space Age bed. Another that behaves similar to
Conjuration for me is Honey Scoop. HS also passes this trait off to
some of the seedlings I'm growing that I label as pranksters. It's
not uncommon to see a horn, a flounce and nothing on the same bloom.
Other times, it will produce the most hideous double forked flounced
thingamagigs I've ever seen. SA are fun to observe.

Chris

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@...>
wrote:

> I checked several sites and there are pixs w Conjuration that have
no horn.
> Maybe those people misidentified theirs also. On Daves site there
are 12
> pixs of Conjuration, about 2 of them have no horns.
> Certainly the description says it is to have horns.
> Any thoughts from anyone on this.?? Do these type of iris sometimes
bloom
> w/o their horns.??
>
> CONJURATION
>
> (Monty Byers, R. 1988), Sdlg. D1-1. TB, 36" (91 cm), M-L
> "S. white, edge lightly infused pale violet blue; F. white,
suffusing to
> deep bright amethyst violet edge; white beard tipped tangerine;
fuzzy white
> horns; ruffled. B-37-10: (Sky Hooks x Condottiere) X Alpine Castle.
> Moonshine Gardens 1989 HM 1991, AM 1994, Wister 1998, Dykes 1998"
>
> These pixs I took of an iris that we feel was mislabeled, "American
Classic,
> at our show and are still trying to find what it might be.
>
> Any suggestions where to look further if it is not Conjuration.?
>
> The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
attachments:

> Conjuration -maybe- (4
> Not America classi
> Conjuration -maybe