TB: a gift given

  • Subject: TB: a gift given
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 21:46:11 -0500

LADY JANE, Lauer '01. This is not my photo. A couple of years ago I bought
a couple of rhizomes and gave one to a lady I worked with for several years.
Her name is Jane, naturally, and this photo is one of six she sent me. LJ
does well for me, but even better for her. She's not an irisarian, but is
ecstatic over the performance she gets from this one. They own an old house
next to theirs where hundreds of old purple, yellow and white iris grow and
bloom in abundance. LJ is so modern in form and appearance compared to
those that she can't quite come to grasp that iris can look so different.
The old ones are familiar to nearly everyone in these parts and a 50s or 60s
iris can look really different from what folks are accustomed to seeing.
I'm glad she's enjoying it. If it continues as it has, it will really be a
gift that keeps on giving.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image