Re: OGB? Seedling

  • Subject: Re: OGB? Seedling
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 13:47:41 -0000

What criteria do you use to assign a classification? I have so many
registered OGBs that are stubborn about producing seeds that I wonder
about this type of cross that has the appearance of an OGB but might
not be that. Of the few I've bloomed with the OGB- type AB as one
parent, they have all tended to resemble an OGB type bloom rather
than a traditional quarterbred type. The fertility has been a bit
better, but not nearly as reliable as the balanced OGBs that do work
for me. It's a puzzle to me.

Beautiful colors here, BTW.

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, smciris@... wrote:
> Because this is from a wide cross (JOINT VENTURE X MESILLA MORN),
it will
> require further testing to assign the correct arilbred
classification code --