Re: HYB: another IMM grandchild

  • Subject: Re: HYB: another IMM grandchild
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 16:23:54 -0400

Thanks Ann, but to my eye, the falls seem disproportionately long and
narrow. I use the "thumb" test to evaluate width of falls - any time I
can see daylight both sides of my thumb when I put it between the falls
at their base, I think that's too narrow.

But I'm no judge - just going by what pleases my own eye, so maybe
others would judge it ok too.

This thing was awful when it first opened - falls stuck straight out and
the ruffling was all above that, so you couldn't see the edge of the
falls at all, even looking down from above. Very unattractive. Stalks
on sibs from the cross have been too weak to support the blooms - this
one is better, but will have to see what happens in future years.

Sure wish <this> one would rebloom! <g>

<Gotta say, I don't see much need for improvement on that bloom!
Interesting colors, well formed standards, nicely shaped falls- fine
proportions ....
Ann Conway>
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8