Re: CULT: Marking Culls

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Marking Culls
  • From: "Linda Hunt" <nakihee@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 07:35:34 -0500

What do you do about late bloomers in a bed like that.   Do you just dig and destroy, or do you mark them and leave them till next year?
Linda in Lascassas

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 7:31 AM, <Autmirislvr@aol.com> wrote:

My new seedlings usually have a full bed to themselves. I find it
easier to mark, and then lift, the KEEPERS. Then I dig or destroy the
remainder. Takes a lot less marking materials. In one 4 X 50 foot bed
I will lift 8 clumps and the rest are gone.

I'm finding some good seedlings make their showing on the 2nd year of
bloom. Maiden bloom can be quite deceiving.

<<I used to hate throwing out seedlings.....>>.....