PhotoIB: Calling Card` - an IB White -Messick 1990

  • Subject: PhotoIB: Calling Card` - an IB White -Messick 1990
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 20:10:05 -0700

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone else still grow this?  It is always one of my favorite's in the white family.
It's usually the first thing to bloom around here and multiplies like crazy. Every year it
seems I give buckets full of it away.  And this size iris is great for me.  Some get to 28" but most around the 20".
I want to get some more IB's.
Anyone that also grows IB's -- what does well for you.??
They need to have ABOVE standard substance here to stand up to the wind.

    (Virginia Messick, R. 1990) Sdlg. M85-39. IB, 20" (51 cm), M
    S. bluish white; F. greenish cream; beards blue. Jack R. Dee X Azure Gem. Cottage 1991, HM 1994, AM 1996
Calling Card`08 (4
Calling Card`08 (6
Calling Card`08 (11
Linda in CW AZ