Re: Re: HYB Mystery solved

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB Mystery solved
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 07:39:40 +0200

I'm sorry to disappoint you Brock, but there might be an explanation to this seedling :  my knowledge of genetics i null.

But I've been contacted off-line by a genetics expert who explained to me that MTB X SDB crosses were absolutely possible, SDB being 12-12-8-8, or 12-8-8-8, or 12-12-12-8  therefore would be compatible with diplo 12-12 MDBs  (still, like pumilas,some rare SDBs are tetraploid 8-8-8-8, but it's not the case of Hot, involved in the first cross.)

For the second cross, it would seem that a bee got there first before i used High Master, TB being 12-12-12-12, which would make them  incompatible with12-12- MTBs.

Still, since there are still some MTBs in bloom now in the garden, i will try to systematically pollinate the just-opened-ones with TBs, just to test the theory.

That's exciting!

loïc

----- Original Message -----  From: eroctuse2
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:59 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB Fiesta Fling X High master

Beautiful Loïc!

You may have found the need for an MMTB class. I look forward to seeing
more from these efforts.

Brock