Re: HYB: Experiment

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Experiment
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 19:07:02 -0400

I like your experiment!

I've been trying to build some supertough pinks that will be reliable
here, trying several approaches, hoping to combine the best. While
there were a lot of pink faces in the rows this year for a change, they
are mostly neither tough nor pretty!

This one is about the strongest, maiden bloom.

But yuch!

DOCTOR ALAN X OCTOBER SPLENDOR had better form, but plants are wretched.

<My thought here is to "build" a pink rebloomer from a new direction.
The goal is to cross back to pink reblooming irises. The trick is to
find another pink, preferably one that reblooms. None of my pink
seedlings have been fertile this spring. Early freezes? Who knows.

Betty Wilkerson
Bridge In Time Iris
Zone 6
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8