HYB, RE: Rosalie Figge X Gladiatrix

  • Subject: HYB, RE: Rosalie Figge X Gladiatrix
  • From: Robin Shadlow <rshadlow@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:41:09 -0700 (PDT)

This seedling was a big surprise.  I certainly did not expect a plicata from Rosalie Figge, much less one with the yellow ground from Gladiatrix.  It was a fall cross made in 04.  This seedling tried to bloom in the fall of 07, but was frozen out.  The first stalk has a bud count of 10, the other much less. Good height.  Substance needs some work.  Strong grower here.  No SA traits noted.

I know that Rosalie Figge is a difficult parent for many of you, but I think it may prove worth the effort.  So far I have been able to get height and bud count from it.  AND some of the seedlings do produce pollen.

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

image/pjpeg