HYB, RE: Rosalie Figge X Gladiatrix

  • Subject: HYB, RE: Rosalie Figge X Gladiatrix
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:34:00 -0400

Thanks for posting this. I'm not surprized. I have been suspecting
Rosalie Figge to be a zonal plicata genotype for some time.Based on its
appearance and its parentage. Currently I have some pods on it from
test crosses to plicata to check this out. I am abit surprized that
you got classic plicata. I would have expected one of the other
plicata phenotypes.

Were there any other children bloom from this cross?

Chuck Chapman

HYB, RE: Rosalie Figge X Gladiatrix

Posted by: "Robin Shadlow"
rshadlow@yahoo.com

rshadlow

Mon May 26, 2008 7:41 pm (PDT)

This seedling was a big surprise. I certainly did not
expect a plicata from Rosalie Figge, much less one with the yellow
ground from Gladiatrix. It was a fall cross made in 04. This seedling
tried to bloom in the fall of 07, but was frozen out. The first stalk
has a bud count of 10, the other much less. Good height. Substance
needs some work. Strong grower here. No SA traits noted.

I know that Rosalie Figge is a difficult parent for many of you, but
I think it may prove worth the effort. So far I have been able to get
height and bud count from it. AND some of the seedlings do produce
pollen.

Robin Shadlow

zone 5 NE