Re: HYB: Breeding for turquoise?

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Breeding for turquoise?
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:46:01 -0000

On my monitor the midrib has a definite turqoise tint. Those I have
seen on mine were streaked on the styles rather than a solid midrib
as in your photo. Mary Lou has a great photo of one from a TB. The
color must be some kind of combination of pigments, but here I've
mainly only seen it making a sort of 'peacock's tail' on the styles
except where the color washed over the falls in a couple.

Those styles look good without the falls and standards! Maybe I
should pluck at some blooms next year and enjoy what's left :).

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, thomas silvers <tesilvers@...>