Re: HYB, RE: Rosalie Figge X Gladiatrix

  • Subject: Re: HYB, RE: Rosalie Figge X Gladiatrix
  • From: Robin Shadlow <rshadlow@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:01:49 -0700 (PDT)

I only have one sib to the plicata from Rosalie Figge x Gladiatrix.  It appears very similar to RF, a little spray at the hafts.
I also suspected that RF may carry zonal or plicata and have crossed it a good bit with the luminatas for height as well.  I don't have exact counts, but have bloomed out a number from various luminata parents and have yet to get anything resembling any of the plicata patterns in the first generation.  It may mean that RF only has one of any of the recessive plicata alleles.  I will hold over the unbloomed seedlings for future years to see if anything shows up.
Violet Miracle crossed on luminata has produced at least one lumi-plic.  I also have a glaciata from a cross of 04-28D: (Flights of Fancy x Violet Miracle) X 04-32B (High Master x Violet Miracle)  The pod parent was not the lumi-plic but did have markings at the hafts.
The seedlings from these crosses have been very fun.
Robi Shadlow
zone 5
finally almost at peak