Re: Seedling with shape

  • Subject: Re: Seedling with shape
  • From: "Linda Hunt" <nakihee@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 07:42:16 -0500

Thank you kindly ladies.  I guess I am looking for a little more remarkable color.  I love when I walk gardens and see an iris that I know without a doubt what it is before viewing the name tag.  The color, shape or plant habit is so unique that you can pick it out anywhere.  I am not sure that this seedling is like that.  It is wonderful to hear that others like the color since that to me is the down side here.  The substance is remarkable and the stalk is strong and lovely with nice bud count.............so I shall keep my eye on it for the next couple of years!  I am with you on the Nicodemus iris.  I have bought numerous varieties of her's from RockyTop Gardens in Eagleville, TN and I am always happy with the plant habit and their ability to reproduce.  She has a nice line of introductions.  Have a great day all!
Linda in lascassas