Re: TB: non-messy hafts on yellow

  • Subject: Re: TB: non-messy hafts on yellow
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 05:16:19 -0400

Good point, Donald.

>From a breeding standpoint, the first one you posted looks a little
like it would produce messy kids. The veins contrast enough with the
background color that in a different (i.e., darker) colored seedling
(based on experience here), the hafts would be light ground covered with
dark veins down to the end of the beards.

Like you, I don't necessarily consider contrasting veins on the haft a
bad thing - but they are turning up on way too many seedlings and I
would like to be able to "manage" them better in crosses.

<What do you consider non-messy? I wouldn't consider this messy. >
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8