PHOTO: cute MDB seedling

  • Subject: PHOTO: cute MDB seedling
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 00:35:24 EDT

Hello all.....
    This seedling came from a spontaneous cross in 2008 and bloomed for the first time this spring (2009).  I made the cross (Photon X Elm's "plumpum") to try to come up with a yellow.  Photon is Marky Smith's bright yellow red-bearded SDB.  "Plumpum" is a plum-colored pure pumila seedling of mine.  I didn't expect this color pattern, but I really like it.  It has been kept for further hybridizing projects.