Re: HYB: Iris cengialtii X Clown Pants

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Iris cengialtii X Clown Pants
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:17:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ann,
Thanks. They're all certainly a different style from the wide ruffled modern Tall Beardeds. But I think it's nice to have variety of form.
And as much as I'm drawn to vibrant saturated colors when viewing clumps at a distance, I still like these subtle blends when looking at a single bloom up close.

Iris junonia itself might be a good one to try with those Cayeaux irises. I'll see if I can find a picture of it. If not I'll try to take another one when it opens (very soon).
Take care, Tom

Ann wrote:
I liked all the pictures you posted today, but particularly these, and your volunteer. And I found myself wondering what the volunteer would produce if crossed with one of the early Cayeaux irises, one of the ones with the 'smoky' coloring in the standards...