Re: Murphy's law for HYBRIDIZERS . [2 Attachments [2 Attachments]

  • Subject: Re: Murphy's law for HYBRIDIZERS . [2 Attachments [2 Attachments]
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 22:46:36 -0400

<<Murphy's Law>>

All qualities CAN vary greatly from maiden bloom to 2nd year bloom, or later.  Example:  Here are pictures of maiden bloom (poor form) and again several years later (much better form.)

In fact, after over 20 years of looking at seedlings I'm still learning.  I've always been told that the branching doesn't change from year to year, but it does.  Never have I had better examples than this year.

If you really like some quality an iris has, don't give up on it based on maiden bloom.

Free advice, worth what you're paying for it!

Betty Wilkerson
Bridge In Time Iris