  • Subject: HIST: TB: JADE
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:30:46 -0500

Registered as 'AR' by Thornton Abell in 1961 and intro'd in 1963. It was
disenrolled as an arilbred in ASI, but I don't know if that change follows
through in the AIS or not. Curious colors. The somewhat crinkled look seen
here was probably due to one (or both) of the late freezes because it was
only pronounced in the terminal blooms of the stalks and the lower blooms
didn't exhibit much of the trait. But I didn't get a photo of those due to
all the wind during bloom and a cause of distorting the bloom in this
photo. Still it was one of the few that bloomed abundantly here this year.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image