Re: Help - gooseneck
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Help - gooseneck
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 06:19:39 -0400

Seems to be what causes it here too - rapid growth accompanied by
erratic weather conditions. Some cultivars much more prone to
gooseneck/snake stalks than others here. Seedlings here with really
tall, wiry strong but thin stalks can corkscrew all over the place.
Especially see it in the super tall descendants from PINK FORMAL.

Never have thought of wind causing this, but I guess it could be a
contributing factor.

Donald said:
<My observation has been that it's a question of timing. Rapid growth,
cool nights heating up to warm temps during the day combined with those
juicy stalks all equal snaking>.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7