Re: Re: carotenoid plicatas
  • Subject: Re: Re: carotenoid plicatas
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 00:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

I really like #2 and #4 is glowing.

Jan in Chatsworth

From: Paul Archer <pharcher@mindspring.com>
To: iris-photos <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sun, May 16, 2010 2:25:47 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] Re: carotenoid plicatas

Here are some other carotenoid plicata seedlings

First one a is (Light Beam X Amazon Bride). A dog of a plant but keeping it for the future potential use.

Second is a 'Matrix' seedling. Nice stalks and leans toward orange.

Third is a near glaciata carotenoid plicata. There are just a few flecks of anthocyanin at the base of the standards. The color is pretty intense on this one. I'm guessing it only has three glaciata genes instead of four. The plant is not that great but it was only its maiden bloom so we'll see how it does next year.

The fourth is a favorite of mine from Halston x (Light Beam ((Good Show x Amazon Bride)(Good Show x Orange Popsicle)). I wish it were just a tad taller but the flowers are always nice, dainty and compact. Based on it's carotenoid plicata backround I'm calling it a carotenoid luminata.