Re: Even more seedlings!
  • Subject: Re: Even more seedlings!
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:00:25 -0400

That's why I'm continuing to work with it, Jan.  By skewed, I mean that the falls, viewed straight on, are a bit tilted, giving the flower a slightly corkscrew-ish aspect.  But now, I may need to correct myself about Starring.  Looking at my Starring seedlings that have this aspect, I see that each of them also has Spirit of Memphis in its background, so that may be the culprit.  I have plenty of Spirit of Memphis seedlings that didn't inherit the "skewing", as well as some that have, but in which it doesn't detract.  It may just be that the pattern and the "tilting" don't go together.  --  Griff
Griffin's Den
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 3:23 AM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Even more seedlings!

Griff - I don't know what is 'skewed' unless you mean that the falls are a bit long for the standards, but the color is fantastic.

Jan in Chatsworth