RE: intro help
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RE: intro help
  • From: "laura berenson" <lsberenson@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 12:17:04 -0500

As a serious daylily collector, I'm trying to collect daylilies in certain colors these days -- purples/lavenders, pinks, reds, creams/ivories, whites, and patterned daylilies in those colors primarily. I have far too many in the yellow-orange-melon-apricot end of the spectrum, and I include in that group eyed/edged daylilies in the not-uncommon yellow with red eye and edge.

For consistency, I'm focusing on ensuring that other types of plants bloom in "my" colors as well. Ergo....irises and suchlike...

But there are always exceptions, and that's one I'd order, Mike. I'm not knowledgeable enough yet about irises to factor in bud count; perhaps I'd pass by that iris if I were. I don't know how important bud count is to someone who wants to grow irises simply for their beauty in the garden. I think your seedling is quite eye-catching and IMO many people would want it because of that. I've not seen anything with that kind of color combo, and I really like it.

Hope this post makes some sense....there's a cat stalking back& forth in front of my monitor so I can't see to reread !

Laura Berenson
Pipersville, PA