HYB: Black stems
  • Subject: HYB: Black stems
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:21:35 -0700 (PDT)

This one seedling (from 4 Iris aphylla 'Balascuta' X 'Honky Tonk Blues' and about a dozen of the reverse cross) is showing the dark stems of 'Balascuta'.

I'd hoped to combine the dark stems with the nice purple based foliage (PBF) of 'Honky Tonk Blues' and it has done that to a degree, but some of the non-dark-stem siblings have better _expression_ of PBF.

I'm trying pollen of 'American Sweetheart' (another strongly PBF iris) on this one right now.

Shooting for all purple foliage if it wasn't obvious ;0)