Re: TB: question - colorfast yellow/gold?
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: TB: question - colorfast yellow/gold?
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 19:43:32 -0400

Thanks for the offer, Griff, but I think I'm getting some seedlings that
will fill the bill, just trying to learn about the topic, re: heredity.

Parts of the country where bleaching of yellow is a more common problem
must be busy with bloom right now or can't answer my questions. I'll
try asking again later.

You know of any hybridizers working with dark yellow/gold irises who I
might ask? Schreiner's has some now and then, recently HERE COMES THE
SUN (2007), but it didn't get enough hot sun here to know how sunfast it
was.

I would like to know because I have a really vigorous non-sunfast thing
with big brilliant gold blooms that I'd like to use for breeding <if> I
knew what to expect, what might or might not work to overcome the
bleaching problems.

May be a moot question - wasn't fertile either way this year.

Linda Mann
east TN USA zone 7