RE: HYB: pod parents
  • Subject: RE: HYB: pod parents
  • From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 18:05:07 -0500

I also use the mesh fishing vests, bought mine off ebay.  I put my favorite tweezers on one of those coiled stretchy key chain things so that I don’t lose it.  One end has a snap on it that is snapped to a ring on the vest.  Haven’t lost a pair of tweezers in 3 years!  We store our pollen in the pill containers someone else mentioned.  We use a small notebook in the garden.  From one side we list the pollen.  Blue container # 1 Monday is Dream Keeper pollen and so on.  From the other side we record crosses.  I have a flat wagon that I put my camera, a bucket with a seat for me to sit on, and all kinds of odds and ends in.  The wagon travels with me as I move through the garden.  For me this method works better than any of the other things we have tried.

Dana D. Brown
Malevil Iris Gardens & Kennels
Lubbock, TX  79403
Zone 7 USDA, Zone 10 Sunset