Donald's AB Seedling
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Donald's AB Seedling
  • From: "Brock Heilman" <brockheilman@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 20:19:00 -0400

Well, Donald. I'll concede it isn't the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, but ol' "flu shot" is blooming for me and I like it. While quite a few of those anticipated AB stalks were destroyed in the fan from late freezes, it's grown as tall as any TB. Its PBF makes it stand out along with blooms that measure 8" from fall tip to fall tip. I also love the brown beards and BC falls.

The faults I've seen are the cupped falls, none have made that "snap" from up-curled to down-curled like normal and the stalks droop a little. Several blooms wanted to be polytepal, and some flower parts split. I suppose that could be considered a fault to some. I'm still very glad to have it and I plan to get some crosses out of it this week. Darn extreme high temps are literally burning blooms to a crisp, shortening bloom lives to a day, and making everything race through what would have been peak TB season. I have a million photos to share again, I may end up uploading them to photobucket again rather than send them all separately.

I'll only send one at a time after seeing Chuck's post about multiple photos. Chuck, if you let me know which you especially wanted to see I can either resend them to the group or to you privately. It's just a lot of messages to send them all individually, but I want everyone to be able to see them.

JPEG image