Re: Re: Donald's AB Seedling
  • Subject: Re: Re: Donald's AB Seedling
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:15:26 -0500

Blooming for the first time, the jury's still out on this SDB seedling I
call "odd guy" that self sowed in one of my landscaped beds. There's mostly
Paul Black iris in that bed, so I've no suspects as either parent.

The buds are striped though, which I thought was interesting, plus each
flower was slightly different, a terminal plus 2 buds on each stalk, no pbf
though. It kept it's substance through a week of very high temps, where
others around it faded fast. It's still blooming through several heavy

I tried numerous times for a better picture, but no go.