RE: Cat's Eye?
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RE: Cat's Eye?
  • From: El Hutchison <eleanore@mymts.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 10:22:24 -0500

There's quite a few pictures of it on the Iris Encyclopedia:  http://wiki.irises.org/bin/view/Sdb/SdbCatsEye

El

To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
From: bettyg@cybermesa.com
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 18:23:24 -0600
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Cat's Eye?

Here is my Cat's Eye from last year --it  hasn't bloomed yet this year.   I think the two look very similar, but I think the beard on yours does look more blue than violet and mine looks more violet.  But the difference between blue and violet is small and light, rain and angle could also influence the tone of the color.  What I don't see in either one is the old gold.
Betty Gunther in Los Alamos