Re: HYB: HoM orange
  • Subject: Re: HYB: HoM orange
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 19:53:06 -0400

This was a cross made in one of those 'vale of despair' years - not much
had pollen. So I made the crosses I could and made this one mostly
because I was curious whether or not HoM could produce orange seedlings.

I think CRYSTAL GLITTERS may rebloom somewhere, but not here. The
little orange seedling pollen parent puts up a lot of stalks, including
on fans formed late in the fall, so might be a California winter
rebloomer, but no sign of it trying to rebloom here.

So this batch of seedlings will get to sit around for a few years to see
if any of them try to rebloom, but I don't expect it.

Wasn't really planning on doing anything with it, but having seen it, am
trying harder to get pods on HoM this year with oranges with more potential.

<where are you going with it? Has it had a chance to rebloom with HoM
in it? Are it's paternal grandparents rebloomers?>

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7