HYB: More purpureobractea hybrids
  • Subject: HYB: More purpureobractea hybrids
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 07:45:31 -0700 (PDT)

Here's another of the seedlings from cross of "PBF/RM" with Iris purpureobractea. It's a plicata without any of the floppiness of the one I posted previously. It's amazing to me, how much of ROSEMARY'S DREAM is coming through in this one, in spite of ROSEMARY'S DREAM only being a great-grandparent (so 1/8 of its ancestry).

The second picture is of seedling (first to bloom) from a somewhat similar purpureobractea cross. This one is from purpureobractea pollen on a seedling I call "PBF plicata" (which is the pod parent of "PBF/RM"). "PBF plicata" is KUPARI X ROSEMARY'S DREAM.