Re: Seedlings and the bad weather years.
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Seedlings and the bad weather years.
  • From: AIS Janet Smith <gbyp456@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 09:40:58 -0700

OOOO AHAHA I like the colors Betty.  I am enjoying reading about the various parts of the country and how different irises are groing everywhere.  Glad yours are working out.  Even though we are not use to all the rain we have had - would have been nice to have stretched it out - don't think we in California have not appreciated the water.  We really needed it.  Now the 2 foot hight weeds - ah missplaced flowers - weed whacking time!  Oh my.

Have a great day!

Janet

P.S.  Almost forgot to say,  John Weiler is feeling his age and has been moved to a smaller senior community area.  His home is being kept for him by his daughter in case he gets to feeling better (can't keep up his lovely HUGE garden at the moment).  So it is not so bad, but, John is feeling a little sad at leaving his flowers (46 years worth) but also happy that he won't be looking out the window and seeing all that needs to be done that he can't do.  July 8th - 86 years young this year.  Always a delight to talk to and continues to be a walking encyclopedia waiting to be asked a question (smile!)