TB:Latest Style (not)
  • Subject: TB:Latest Style (not)
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 19:41:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all!
In the late 80's I used Latest Style in several crosses.  One cross produced 'Love Lines,' one of my favorite irises.  Didn't take it with me when I left Alvaton, but I've been trying to find it again for several years.
LATEST STYLE  (L. Zurbrigg, R. 1979). Sdlg. L 32 Last. TB, 34" (86 cm), VL &RE (Sept.-Oct. in VA).  S. white, with slight influence of violet at base; F. light to mid-violet; yellow beard. (((Crinkled Ivory x Autumn Sensation) x Grand Baroque) x GoliathÂs Mate) X Dawn Violet. Avonbank 1979."
In 2005 I received Latest Style from three different sources.
You may notice that LS is not white over pink, nor is it white over chartreuse!  Here is a picture of two of the three irises I received.
Anyone that thinks they have Latest Style, please check to see if you really have the one described in the R & I.  Not sure about the yellow beard.  It has produced white beards in children & grandchildren.
Betty Wilkerson
KY Zone 6