Re: HYB: red bearded whites
  • Subject: Re: HYB: red bearded whites
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 08:38:21 -0400

It can actually be only one generation, but very low probability. I've
gotten a pink from it. Posted earlier - IMM X CSONG. only pink out of
50+ seedlings that made it to bloom size. But I think there were a
couple of t bearded whites that didn't make it past maiden bloom. Pre
camera days, so no pix and I didn't know about tangerine/pink all the
genetics sort of learned since . Not sure if they were really tangerine
or if they were just orange. My impression at the time was that they
were red.

And I lied about the pedigree - it's ((IMM x Csong) x little orange) X
DECADENCE, so was actually two generations away. great grandchild.

Seems like there is another t bearded white that showed up this year -
will let you know. Maybe I'm thinking of a storebought.

The bottom one (with multiple blooms) is actually a nicer bloom/stalk.
Both have predictably bad foliage in my stressful disease laden growing
conditions, but seem pretty strong growers in spite of it.

> If that top one disappears, don't come looking for it at my house! It won't be here! So . . . red beard is truly only two generations away from Immortality. Good to know.
> Oh . . . found a touch of pollen on Imm. a couple of days ago. Didn't have a chance to use it, but it was there.
> Betty W.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7