Re: HYB: TB x diploid MTB
  • Subject: Re: HYB: TB x diploid MTB
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 10:29:27 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks guys!
I'm trying them out for fertility right now. I'll let you know if I harvest any seeds from them, or as a result of their pollen.
I'm not thinking that either on these is particularly exceptional for appearances sake (though not hideous either ;0) but am really excited about the prospect of infusing new material into the tetraploid gene pool. Fun stuff!
Adam, I'm glad to hear those MTB's are settled in for you. They're blooming here right now but everything is all mixed up season-wise this year. We've had things blooming in all sorts of unnatural sequences.
Thanks again for your interest guys!

Pretty cool.
do you know yet if they are fertile.
Chuck Chapman
Tom, Really like the 'Pink Champagne' x 'Astra Girl'.
Jan in Chatsworth
Hi Thomas,
I really like the one from Pink Champagne...
'Cricket Song' & 'Easy Smiles' are both coming up here in Michigan. First iris bloomed yesterday in my garden ... that unknown SDB from Earl Hall, as always. :-)